We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental Flights & kids entertainment on board

Dublin
Level Contributor
796 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Continental Flights & kids entertainment on board

Hi, not sure where is the best place to post this, but here goes...has anyone ever flown Continental, Dublin to Newark, and return, with kids? I hope to use them, but I will have a 7 year old (no problem) and a 2 and 1/2 year old, with 2 parents. Do they have the TV screens on the back of the seats? It's a Boeing 757-200.

I also have a connecting flight from Newark to Orlando, same story, and again, same plane type.

I am happy to bring the usual colouring books, toys, etc., just wondering how the onboard staff/facilities rate?

I know Virgin Atlantic are the kings in terms of kids entertainment on flights, and I hear BA are not too bad either. I've flown Delta transatlantic before, and I would not really rate them from a kids perspective.

All opinions welcome!

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental Flights & kids entertainment on board

Some planes do have the screens but others don't so you would have to check with your travel co. Could you borrow a laptop with dvds to bring with you, or a portable dvd player (only about 70 Euro) with headsets

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental Flights & kids entertainment on board

Haven't flown continental but regularly use BA to US and have used Virgin on the Orlando trips too. Both fantastic with kiddies. Seatback TV screen will probably be too high up for tiddler though. A big bonus with Virgin in Orlando is that you can check in your luggage on the morning of departure at Downtown Disney and you then have the rest of the day to explore without having to drag cases everywhere

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
ireland
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental Flights & kids entertainment on board

Hi Dublin,

Again have not flown continental only Delta (a disaster) and Ba (excellent). Just a point , we flew a few years ago with 2 year old and 3 mnth old x-atlantic and we were all given seperate seats on the plane!! ,even the 2 year old .

We had been late checking in ,then security, and American immigration, we only looked at our boarding cards getting on the plane .

Needless to say we were all very upset and Flight crew (Delta) just did not care! It was the other passengers on the plane who reorganised our seats for us with no fuss or complaint!

What i am saying is ,be early and dont panic if things are going wrong ,we met lots of nice people who helped us out , distracting kids, handing down bags etc all made a difference!!

Have a great trip!!!