We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

County Clare and Belfast

Sydney
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
County Clare and Belfast

We will be in Ireland late November and wish to travel from County Clare to Belfast. I am wondering which would be the best mode of transport.Either hiring a car, rail or air.Only have about seven days to visit both areas. From Belfast we are flying to Warsaw and would like to know which airline you would suggest.Thanks

N Ireland
Level Contributor
266 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: County Clare and Belfast

I don't think that there are ant direct flights from Shannon to either of Belfast's two airports so car hire and train are probably your only options. Either way the simplest way to make the trip is to go via Dublin. By rail it is really the only way, and by road it is best simply because the road standards are much better, on that route. I think that in Australia you, like us, drive on the left, so that is an added bonus if you hire a car. But I would suggest that, if you haven't already done so, you should also post this enquiry on the Northern Ireland forum, which you will find under the UK. The logic being that more people from Belfast make the trip south, than the other way round.

As far as I know there is only one airline offering direct flights, between Belfast and Warsaw, and that is the budget airline, Wizz. Like all budget airlines you normally find that the sooner you book with them the cheaper the flight will be. Their website can be accessed through the following link:

http://wizzair.com/

Sydney
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: County Clare and Belfast

Thank you Kieran for the information.We have thought about it and we think it may be better to fly into Belfast first then train it down south, then return to Dublin and fly to Warsaw from there.We will hire a car in both places rather than drive from Northern Ireland and have to leave the car in Dublin and have to pay for the relocation. Also I am not sure if you can take cars from the north into the republic.You are correct we do drive on the left down here so thats no worry. I would say that we have a greater choice of airlines in Dublin also. Thanks again.

3. Re: County Clare and Belfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 11:18