We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

Both are about the same price and available for our visit on Saturday, May 10th. Which would you choose?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

I was wrong - it's a 30 EUR difference with Fernroyd House being 90 and Garnish being 119. Should I just go with Fernroyd?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

Both are excellent and only 2 mins walking distance apart. The only difference is that Fernroyd is a 4 bedroomed house while Garnish is much larger. So, if size DOES matter then it must be Garnish and if budget is a consideration - Fernroyd.

Oud-Turnhout...
Level Contributor
123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

I'm staying in Fernroyd House in september. And because you will be in Cork already in May, my future advice wouldn't help you. Sorry. (If you will be staying in Fernroyd - and we choose this B&B, because it's rather small - I'm interested in your opinion after your stay.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

I booked Fernroyd today so I'll let you know how it goes!

JJK
Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

We stayed at Fernroyd about 10 days ago. We loved it. They now have a second house 2-3 houses down the street which we stayed in. The rooms are modern and convenient with a lovely garden out back. Tony, the owner was wonderful; breakfasts are super. I highly recommend this place; you won't be disappointed.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
382 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

I too will be staying at Fernroyd House in early September. I chose it because they have a Westie named Chippy ;)

Kerry

7. Re: Cork: Garnish House or Fernroyd House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 06:24