We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish banks w/ relationship to US banks

NJ
Level Contributor
712 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Irish banks w/ relationship to US banks

We're going on a tour of Ireland for our Honeymoon then hopping over to Paris for a few days. On the tripadvisor Paris board I learned that some French bank has a relationship w/ Bank of America so we don't have to pay fees to use the ATMs. Do any Irish banks have a similar relationship?

Also how much money do you think 2 frugal HMs on a budget should have for walking around pocket money? I'm thinking about $100 per day. Our meals in Ireland are included on our tour. Sound reasonable?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish banks w/ relationship to US banks

I can't answer the question about the bank relationship.

$100 (approx €70) is plenty for daily pocket money for two people. I assume all your meals are covered by the tour and I also assume that this pocket money will not be used for any expensive gift purchases.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish banks w/ relationship to US banks

It is your bank that charges the fee,not the Irish ATM's.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish banks w/ relationship to US banks

Bank of Ireland I think has a relationship with US banks, but it won't affect your own bank charges on ATMs.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish banks w/ relationship to US banks

In the US banks charge $2-3 to use an ATM if you are not a customer. That is not the case here so the banks here will not be charging you to use the machines

5. Re: Irish banks w/ relationship to US banks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:20