We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding B&Bs in May

Baton Rouge
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Finding B&Bs in May

We're planning a trip about 12 days for late April early May. We like to travel at our leisure so I'd rather not book any B&Bs beforehand. Will we have problems finding B&Bs with vacancies during this time?

Georgetown...
Level Contributor
117 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding B&Bs in May

Most B&B are open by the time Easter rolls around, but it'll really depend on a couple things - where are you going and how big is your party. If going to bigger towns (>5000 people) and just two of you, you'll probably find something in or near village centres without reservations.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding B&Bs in May

I agree. If only two of you, you should have no trouble getting accommodation on spec at that time of year. Go for it, you won't be stuck for a room.

You may not have a great choice but you won't have to sleep in a haystack either.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding B&Bs in May

you will have no bother at all finding a bed and breakfast in May wherever you go in Ireland - its a quiet time of year and there are plenty of bed and breakfasts to go round. I would not worry.

JJK
Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding B&Bs in May

Thanks. It will be two of us so i think we will go for it.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding B&Bs in May

No one has yet mentioned the Bank Holiday the first Monday in May. Since that gives the Irish a long holiday weekend some places will and do fill up. Depends on where you will be. There are deals to be had by booking 2 or more nites in one place. Look into that before deciding to go totally reservation-less.

cork
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finding B&Bs in May

Exactly, Sally. And it's also a European bank holiday too (May Day??) so it will be busy. Well, before the economy got into trouble, it would have been busy! Suggest booking ahead too.

7. Re: Finding B&Bs in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 22:21