We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foulkrath Castle

Ohio
Level Contributor
324 posts
419 reviews
Save Topic
Foulkrath Castle

We have tried to contact Foulkrath but we can't find a direct contact. we want to stay in the family dorm, there are 3 of us; my wife, myself and my 17 year old daughter. Does anyone know how to book directly and is this too " young" of a place for us?

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foulkrath Castle

www.anoige.ie/hostels/foulksrath-castle

This site gives phone numbers, and a booking form is at the very bottom of the information.

It depends on the particular day you are staying, but generally in youth hostels there will be a mix of ages and even if there is not, you will not be out of place, people of all ages stay in youth hostels.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foulkrath Castle

I have stayed there 3 times with my parents however it has been a few years since I have done so, the castle was being rennovated at the time. At that time there was a mixed crowd there and we had a magical time sitting around a blazing fire one evening with one guy telling ghost stories. It was magical. It is rural but the countryside around is beautiful. It's worth going for a walk around the small roads in the area. On the way into Ballraggett look out for a small graveyard down a lane on the right (heading towards ballyraggett from jenkinstown) which has the ruins of an old church on site. It's a lovely place for some photos!

3. Re: Foulkrath Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 21:15