We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Dooley vacation online pricing.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of Dooley vacation online pricing.

We recently purchased a package with Dooley Vacations online. Within 24 hours they called us to say the price was posted wrong and the actual price was almost 3 times as much. We told them we expected them to honor the listed price. We were willing to do some negotiating but they offered a small discount and wouldn't budge. The customer service rep. seemed very nervous and agitated. I thought we were still going to be able to negotiate something with them but they just decided to cancel our package and refund our money without any further notice. I would definitely NOT book a vacation with this company.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of Dooley vacation online pricing.

They handle their car rental division in the same friendly fashion.

mother21
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of Dooley vacation online pricing.

We booked this vacation last August for Travel Feb 18th to 24th and paid approx $750.00 per person traveling. Saw it advertised again on travelzoo 2 weeks ago for $100.00 less per person. Adare manor is beautiful and the villas are lovely but there were some maintence issues. Shower handles coming off, showers not draining and broken glass on the kitchen floor after trash was removed.

But the scam is in the car rental. Add about 150 euros for additional insurance. I was given a ford Galaxy with a broken wing mirror. I insisted they note the scratches down the left hand side of the car but did not check the tires. When I returned the car a nick about the size of your baby fingernail was in one tire completely consistent with the previous damage. It cost me 200 euros. Avoid Dooley rent a car at all costs.

3. Re: Beware of Dooley vacation online pricing.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 08:16