We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Tralee for a 7am train

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
543 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Tralee for a 7am train

Hi everyone -

As I mentioned before we have 2 people in my group that need to catch an early train (7:15) to Dublin.

My plans were to stay in Dingle for 2 nights, however after hearing the suggestions about how to get to Dublin:

1. Train from Tralee (7:15am)

2. Train from Limerick (10 something AM)

I am thinking perhaps I should spend only one night in Dingle. The next day we would tour the Dingle Penninsula and head to Tralee (or somewhere close) for the night.

How does this sound? Is there some place close to Tralee that would be less than €100 so we could make it to the train early?

Thanks so much! Less than 2 months, once I am booked in all my hotels I get to start the fun part: to fill in the "to do" stuff.

Thank you again, I really, truly, appreciate the help and the thoughts of all the wonderful TA folks.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Tralee for a 7am train

I found good rates at Benner's in Tralee but it get's great reviews from the young partying type but not those that prefer to sleep.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Tralee for a 7am train

If you want to get a 7:15am train from Tralee, then your should stay in Tralee town itself. You can find lists of Tralee hotels on here, or any booking site. I am certain there are many that have rates less then EUR 100. You could also try Gulliver.ie for the cheaper Bed & Breakfast option.

If you wanted to stay a few miles outside Tralee town with a little bit coastal scenery, you could consider Blennerville.

Kerry
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Tralee for a 7am train

Benners hotel is less than 10 mins walk from the railway station...so i'd suggest you stay there..you won't find anywhere nearer in Tralee

4. Re: Where to stay near Tralee for a 7am train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 20:19