We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funny Guinness Question

redraider217
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Funny Guinness Question

First off, I love Guinness and Guinness Extra Stout.

I have a steady supply in my refrigerator at all times...as a matter of fact...no beer named bud, coors or miller is allowed in my house ever

my question is this, and it may be a stupid one...but nevertheless.

Does Guinness served in Ireland taste differently than bottled, imported guinness? I know that it tastes different theoretically based on the location of consumption alone....but im referring to the actual taste.

thanks.

also, whats a typical price in euros or usd of a pint?

Georgetown...
Level Contributor
117 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Funny Guinness Question

I was in Ireland in April and several times before. In Dublin, I paid €5 or less in pubs. Can't say what it would cost in a nightclub or Temple Bar. In the North and West, I paid no more than €4. You don't tip the bartender, so the price is less than in the US.

As far as taste goes, Guinness on draught is almost the same as in the US, but it will be fresher in Ireland. Not too many people are drinking Extra Stout from the bottle at a pub, mostly it is draught. If you go to an 'old man's' pub, you might see someone drinking from a bottle.

You will be very happy with what you are getting - don't worry. Also try the Beamish and Murphy's, if available. It will give you a chance to see what other Irish stouts are like.

One more favorite if you are in Galway is an ale called Galway Hooker, named after their fishing boats, not the ladies of the night!

2. Re: Funny Guinness Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 06:26