We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help planning a trip to the west coast then on to Dub

PA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I need help planning a trip to the west coast then on to Dub

I am flying into Shannon on June 24 at 6am. The hotels don't have check in until later. I am thinking of driving up to Doolin and staying there two nights in the Aran View SC lodge. The first day I will go to the Cliffs and go on an explore and rest, the second we thought we would drive the 45 minutes drive to Galway and return to Doolin and hang out at local pubs at night. Then off down the coast towards Killarney where I thought I would stay for two days. I would arrive somewhere midafternoon on the 26, thought we would explore, go horse riding, or whatnot, then drive the Ring of Kerry _105 miles the next day. I want to fit in a trip to the Blarney castle and also side trips on my way up to Limerick, Adare and Tipperary but I have to be in Naas by 8 p.m. for an AC/Dc concert. We are planning to overnight near Naas at the Sheldon park Best Western then on to dublin for two days with fly out in a.m. of 7/1/09. Does anyone have any suggestions. Is it possible to meander through adare and tipperay on the way to naas from the blarney castle or is this a little ambitious. Is the entire ring of kerry worth it? DOes my trip make sence. I am traveling with one adult and two teenagers. This is our first trip.

Blarney Castle & Gardens
Castles, Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kilkenny Castle
Castles, Historic Sites
Trim Castle
Castles, Historic Sites
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help planning a trip to the west coast then on to Dub

"We are planning to overnight near Naas at the Sheldon park Best Western then on to dublin for two days with fly out in a.m. of 7/1/092"

You may already be aware, but the Sheldon Park Hotel is in the western suburbs of Dublin and about 40 km from Naas itself.

You won't need a car in Dublin - in fact it can be a liability (heavy traffic volumes, complicated street plans, expensive parking, etc.) The best way to get around Dublin is by public transport - bus, LUAS (tram) and train (DART).

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
850 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help planning a trip to the west coast then on to Dub

I just returned from 10 days in Ireland. We spent one night in Naas which is about 30 minutes from Dublin. We stayed at the Lawlor's Hotel. It was the nicest place we found in Naas after looking at 2 other places, both of which were unacceptable for the same cost as the Lawlor Hotel. The room had 2 very comfy king sized beds, a huge shower and tub in addition to the WC (toilet) area. There were 3 sinks in our room. We rented the suite for 110 (Euro) a night. The price included breakfast the next morning. I suggest you at least check out the Lawlor Hotel if going to Naas. It seemed to be in a good area of town, too.

3. Re: I need help planning a trip to the west coast then on to Dub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 07:35