We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four nights in Ireland - Does this itinerary work?

new york
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Four nights in Ireland - Does this itinerary work?

Going to see U2 in Dublin on July 24-25, so my friend & I decided to precede it with 4 nights traveling the country.

We're two guys, around 30, who want to see some of the sites but are also interested in nightlife/good restaurants. Here's our initial plan:

July 20 - Drive Dublin to Cork, drive around area seeing the coast/Kinsale.

July 21 - Drive to Killarney early, do Ring of Kerry

July 22 - Drive up to Galway, spend 22nd and 23rd in Galway

July 24 - Drive back to Dublin

My question is where should I spend the 23rd, in Killarney or Galway? I worry if we only book one night in Killarney, it might not be enough time to do the drive and see the other parts of the area (e.g. the park).

Any help is appreciated!

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four nights in Ireland - Does this itinerary work?

Can you change your flight to fly into Shannon? It would work better for your itinerary, which to me is pretty ambitions!

I'm jealous that you're going to see U2...GREAT BAND! You'll have a great time!!!!! Say hi to Bono for me!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
879 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four nights in Ireland - Does this itinerary work?

Yes, but may I suggest

July 20 Dublin - Cork. Stay in Clonakilty,www.clonakilty.ie great, lively country town Trad session in de Barras www.debarra.ie that night. Great coast near by.

July 21 Drive to Kilarney via Glengarriff and the Caha Pass. Stunning views as you cross from Cork into Kerry

July 22 Drive to Galway via the Shannon Ferry www.shannonferries.ie Spend 22&23 in Galway, Galway experts will tell you where to go.

July 24 Drive to Dublin,

Don't rush from one place to another, take your time and enjoy. If you are having a great time in one place, stay an extra night. Enjoy your stay and the gig.

new york
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Four nights in Ireland - Does this itinerary work?

Unfortunately I cannot - I'm coming from Amsterdam and need to fly into Dublin. Is it that ambitious? I'm now thinking 2 nights in Killarney and 1 night in Galway for the food & nightlife.

4. Re: Four nights in Ireland - Does this itinerary work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 07:42