We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in and around Omagh?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
What to do in and around Omagh?

In Five months we will be in IReland, and I have found an awesome place through trip advisor that I would love to stay at, Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice or suggetions on what to do in the area if we stay a few days and want to explore.

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

It would be best to post on the Northern Ireland forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186469-i490-North…

What is the awesome place you found?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

As Sally says, you might get more detailed local dvice on the Northern Ireland Forum, but one palce worth visiting is the Irish American Folk Park a few miles north of the town on the A5.

If you want to explore a little further afield, Armagh and Derry are two historic cities within easy driving distance of Omagh.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

Thanks for the reply Sally, I've never been to IReland and have imagined for years what it would be like, this place I found on this site and to me it looks everything like I imagined, including how it sits over looking green valleys, I loved it and want to go there.

Hence the visit to Omagh.

my discovery is

www.goldenhillguesthouse.com/pictures.html

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

thank you for your suggestions and reply.

very much appreciated.

Dublin
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

If you are looking for adventure check out http://www.activityireland.com/. Located in Belcoo not far from Omagh

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

cheryld, if you're interested in history and ancient sites you could also visit the Navan Centre just outside Armagh: www.visitarmagh.com/attractiondetails.php… and www.ni-environment.gov.uk/navan.htm

A drive through the Sperrin Mountains to the northeast of Omagh is really lovely. Just off the A505 you will find the Beaghmore Stone Circles (signposted). This is a truly amazing site and well off the beaten track: discovernorthernireland.com/Beaghmore-Stone-…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

Omagh is quite central in many ways. It is not a long drive to Fermanagh, with Lough Erne and its early Christian monuments on Boa Island and Devenish. Fermanagh also has the Marble Arch caves. West Tyrone is quite wild and scenic and a tour in that direction and around Barnesmore Gap in Donegal, Donegal town would be rewarding.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Beleek China Factory is around there somewhere, or at least fairly close by. It's an interesting tour!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

Beleek China is near Lough Erne and could be included in a Fermanagh day trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in and around Omagh?

Wow thank you for the replies, it all sounds beautiful and looks like there is more than enough to keep us busy and happy while we are there.

Thank you again