We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Topic
A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

In these challenging economic times, we all need to be able to find the best deals possible for our travel.

Some people have pointed out that there is no one place on the Ireland Forums where they can go to check out good deals, be it accommodation, restaurants, tours, activities, shopping, etc.

I'm starting this thread on the basis that people who know about great bargains can post here and those looking for deals can go to one place to see what's on offer.

For people who have have recently made great contributions about offers and bargains they have found, I'd suggest posting them again on this thread - maybe a brief description and a link to your original post.

In addition to this, I'm happy to do a search of the Ireland Forums for recent contributions about good value deals and will transfer links to this thread.

So, with lots of contributions this thread can stay pretty close to the top of the forum, and will also be a convenient way for DEs and regular posters to link posters to the best deals.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

To get us started.....

From Irish Rover, Destination Expert for Kilkenny on 10th July,2009

"The Shelbourne Hotel is doing a great offer at the moment with pre-theatre dinner, bookings 6.00 to 7.00, in the lovely restaurant with great service, at 18.50 for two courses. This is great value for the type of menu, ambience and service. It was really busy when I ate there last Tuesday evening so best to book"

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

Posted by tapl, Destination Expert for Dublin on 10th July, 2009

"The Trinity Capital Hotel in Dublin is offering 3 nights bed and breakfast for two people in a double room for a total of €180. This rate applies between 17-21 July, and over the August Bank Holiday weekend (the Bank Holiday is on Monday 3rd August).

That's cheaper than most suburban Dublin B&Bs and it's a lovely hotel in a really central location. The hotel also provides a free transfer service to and from Dublin Airport."

http://www.trinitycapitalhotel.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

What a brillant idea Tapl

Its a while since I posted any bargains - but will keep my eyes (and ears) open and would be delighted to share.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

Right so - heres my last special offer

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186628-i5155-k2915…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

From dublinminx, Destination Expert for Dublin on 5th July:

"As advertised in the Irish Times today. Several good dublin restaurants are offering a 2 course lunch with a glass of wine for 20E, from 7-30th of July.

The participants are China Sichuan, Bon Appetit, Town Bar & Grill, Harvey Nichols, The Cellar and Bentleys Oyster Bar & Grill.

I can recommend, Town, Bentleys and China Sichuan. I have yet to try Bon Appetit, which was awarded a Michelin star last year.

If the menu choices are decent, this would represent great value eating in these restaurants"

More information like this from all over Ireland would be very welcome and would help visitors (and locals) make the most of their travels in Ireland!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,527 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

I'll bump up one of my own:

Discounts on Medieval Banquets and other attractions in the Shannon region:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186595-i1766-k290…

Shepherd, Michigan
Level Contributor
239 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

Three nights bed & breakfast at Temple Gate in Ennis for 109 pp through January I believe.

avvio.com/hotels/…

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

Someone, it might have been yourself tapi, recently mentioned the lunchtime summer concerts at the National Concert Hall - 10 euros for an hour's wonderful music, with soloists, with the option of paying an extra 5 euros for coffee and a sandwich. This must be one of the best deals in town. I was there last Tuesday. The hall was backed, so do book (we got our tickets on same the morning. Next Tuesday's programme includes Bizet's Carmen suite and Strauss waltzes.

Also for culture vultures, one of the best free treats is the National Gallery. Also, note their coffee is only 2 euros with free refills.

For one of the best and cheapest days out from Dublin city take the DART (4.60 return) to Howth. Walk the lovely harbour front and then, for the reasonably energetic walk the amazing and thrilling cliffs. This scenery is equal to the best coastal scenery in Ireland - and Europe for that matter, in my opinion. Then have one of the tastiest and cheapest meals - takeaway haddock and chips from Beshoffs for 6.95. Beshoffs of Howth also do a family meal including aforementioned fish and chips, plus kids meals and drinks for 20 euros.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

For anyone visiting Kilkenny - the best lunch deals are to be found in McDonagh Juncion - the shopping centre beside the station. There is an open square there where all the cafes (with the one exception being a well-known coffee chain), have offers along the line of coffee and sandwich for 5 euros, or coffee and scone for 2.95. Almost too good to pass up.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,084 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: A thread for good value deals in Ireland.

Great idea, tapl.

There are a number of Special Offers at The Herbert Park Hotel in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Included are Weekend Getaway for Euro 54.50 ($76) B&B Per Person Sharing.

Fairly often, one sees families with two children under 12 looking for accommodation in a hotel in Dublin. They might be interested in The Herbert Park's Family Package of Euro 199 ($278, ouch!) Bed & Breakfast per night:

This includes a double room for two adults and an interconnecting twin room for two children under the age of twelve. Also 'Extensive Breakfast Buffet' for four in the Pavilion Restaurant (Not sure exactly what constitutes an extensive breakfast).

As always: Subject to availability

http://www.herbertparkhotel.ie/special-offers