We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route suggestions

Ardmore PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Route suggestions

I travel in 3 days and I still have not finalized our plans.

We have reserved hotels for our first 2 nights and for our last 2 nights and have B&B vouchers for the 4 nights travelling between them.

The 4 hotel nights are the first 2 nights in ClontarfCastle hotel and the last 2 nights in Absolute hotel in center city Limerick.

Our plan is to use the B&B nights at 4 different B&Bs. What do you think of a route like: Wexford, Waterford, Cork, Killarney? Is one night enough in Killarney? I know there is a lot to see in that region but we guess we can see anything North of Killarney on one of our 2 days in Limerick if we run out of time. Maybe you have a different view? Should we do a northern circuit instead?

All suggestions of alternative routings welcome.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,419 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route suggestions

jk-philly, if at all possible try to put in two nights in Killarney, you'll be glad you did!

ny
Level Contributor
637 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route suggestions

I agree with Clauds. I did a 10-day drive and liked Killarney and Dingle the most.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route suggestions

killarney is fab.

Ardmore PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route suggestions

Thank you all.

We will try to fit a second night in Killarney. Maybe better do the 4 nights, 1 Waterford, 1 Cork, 2 Killarney? Thereby skipping wexford.

SSSOOOOO excited, we leave tomorrow

thanks again!!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,150 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Route suggestions

Head down via Kilkenny, if your reason for Waterford is the Crystal, then it's closed. Shame because its a lovely place. an alternative might be Cashel.

Ardmore PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Route suggestions

Thanks so much for your help before we left. We had the most amazing trip! Despite predictions we did not need our rain protective gear and enjoyed extremely good weather. This meant that the flexibility of the B&B vouchers took us on a very different route.

We arrived in Dublin and spend 2 nights at the beautiful Clontarf castle. Then we went to Cork (we skipped Waterford because the crystal tour is not running) and spent some time in a B&B in Kinsale from where we went to Kenmare in County Kerry. We never actually stayed in Killarney but we spent a lot of time there. It is a real fun city!!

Then we spent 2 nights in the Absolute Hotel in Center city limerick. This was a super base for touring the coastal areas like the Cliffs and up to Galway. We also joined the banquet night in Bunratty. Amazing!!

7. Re: Route suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 04:16