We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus

hotblondemom
Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aer Lingus

We have booked our flights on Aer Lingus from Orlando to Dublin. I see that Aer Lingus serves dinner on this overnight flight, but I"m also wondering if they served breakfast. Has anyone flown this route? If they do serve breakfast, what are the choices?

Thanks in advance !!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer Lingus

Haven't flown Orlanda but did Chicago recently. They served a scone and orange juice and offer tea and coffee. No choice unless you try requesting a special meal.

NYC
Level Contributor
639 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer Lingus

Flown many times NY and Bos to Dublin .... and as stated above ... probably a juice and a scone ... not a whole lot.

No reason to think you wouldn't get this on Orlando route too.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer Lingus

I have flown Orl Dub with Aer Lingus, and breakfast is same as on the Chi flight. Scone, butter, jam, orange juice and tea/coffee. They serve drinks shortly after take-off, then about 90 mins into the flight they serve dinner.

Hope this helps.

hotblondemom
Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aer Lingus

THanks everyone !!! Just wanted to make sure they gave something for breakfast too. We plan to bring snacks too.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aer Lingus

From Aerlingus website

* Bar service.

* Hot dinner service with tea & coffee.

* Duty Free.

* Orange juice before landing (on ORD - continental breakfast).

Note: On Chicago and Orlando, we stock a limited supply of Sky Café items for purchase.

See here

http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1Support/helpInflight.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1840187979.1253298969@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciadeigfmimlicefecfigdffgdfkk.0&P_OID=-536880753&Category=2#specialmeal

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aer Lingus

On an overnight flight it is better to concentrate on sleeping rather than eating. You can then get a much better breakfast when you arrive.

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aer Lingus

Does this flight change planes in NY or Boston? The meals on Aer Lingus are not the greatest. As I have flown with them many times from the NY area. Chicken or beef for dinner and then a scone and juice for breakfast.

Until a few years ago, you would be allowed wine or beer for free and now I think they charge $5 euros for each, that is about $7.50 in USD.

Best just eat prior to leaving and sleeping the whole way over to get a good start to your day. The meals are not good enough to stay awake for.... Enjoy your trip! I leave for Ireland in 7 days!

8. Re: Aer Lingus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 05:21