We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland Road Trip Blog

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland Road Trip Blog

Hi, if you're interested you can read all about my travels through Ireland this past October. Be warned I don't do things by half, you'll need a coffee or two(even maybe a large wine!) and a few hours to read the lot. I am still working through the days and I'll post again when there are a few more days added.

http://flyingkiwigirl.blogspot.com/

If you are unfamiliar with blogs, the latest posting is always at the top. You can click on the dates down the menu on the left hand side to view one particular day or start at the bottom and work your way up(it's London for the first week). You can also click the pictures to get a better view but use your back arrow to return to the blog otherwise it will close down when you've finished viewing the picture.

Enjoy!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

Zappers: I've taken a quick scout through your blog but will be revisiting soon.

looks like you managed to tap into the "Real Ireland". Some amazing photos especially in Connemara. "The Rag Tree" is great! Liked the ones of the mist on the Cliffs of Moher as well!

You managed to capture a well know character in the West of Ireland called "Michael Staunton". He is the "King" of the Galway Market!

irishtimes.com/newspaper/…1224251486198.html

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

Thanks Suzy for taking the time to have a look. As you found out you'll need a whole day to digest the lot! Great that you were able to tell me about Michael, we just happened upon him in a tiny 4 or 5 stall market in Ennistimon, where we wouldn't have been if RyanAir hadn't lost our luggage.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,279 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

Just starting to read now, looking good, I love travel blogs :)

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
118 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

Zappers, I read every word of your blog and loved it. It's especially nice having the pictures interspersed with the story. My girlfriend and I are travelling to London/Ireland next June (I've been to London; she's been to Ireland) for 16 days.

I laughed at some of the similarities between you and me. We've also had a lost-luggage disaster. We also have a name for our GPS (Lucy). And I learned that we Canadians aren't the only ones who say "eh". (your picture of the heart-shaped lake -- "cool eh?" -- VERY).

I'm looking forward to your next installment. I'll put the kettle on. :-)

Dianne

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

Me too Tarry, I love reading and writing them, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for you nice coments Dianne, glad you enjoyed it too. I think Kiwis dreamed up the word eh, it's used far too often! ;) You'll love Ireland, wish we'd have had more time.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

I have bookmarked your blog. loved it. We plan on taking a trip to county mayo in the future. Have been most other places but never north of Galway.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

Hope your trip is not too far into the future flpab, we actually didn't spend too much time C.Mayo but it would definitely be on my "must do at a more leisurely pace" on my next trip! Glad you enjoyed my blog.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,386 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

I'm skimming through your Blog text, loads of effort put into that and the photos are really great. A great guide for anyone who is intending to do a similar trip to your own. So glad the weather in October was good for you.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

Thanks Bryno, glad you enjoyed it. Yes it is alot of effort but I enjoy doing it and it's also a great record for me to look back on in the future. You'd be surprised how much minor detail and place names you forget after a few months. Up until this latest trip I've always done trip reports that I've emailed to friends and family(and posted on TA) with a link to my photos on Flickr, the blog works great because you can see the photos as you read about the places.

I'll be adding a few more days within 24hrs.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ireland Road Trip Blog

I have now added 3 more days to the blog if anyone is interested;

http://flyingkiwigirl.blogspot.com/

Sligo, Omagh, Londonderry and the Antrim Coast