We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irelans airfare cost

newyork
2 posts
Save Topic
Irelans airfare cost

I'm tyring to book a trip to ireland from new york for the beginning of march. On some other trips i have taken the price of airfare has dropped tremendously after i have already bought tickets. Right now the cost is about $500. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a good price or if i should wait it out to get cheaper.

1. Re: Irelans airfare cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 15:05
Toronto
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irelans airfare cost

Check out the website for Travelzoo... I just got a notice today of some of their upcoming deals and one was a package deal to Ireland for about $700 with Septre Tours (I think) that included airfare and accommodations at Adare Manor, near Limerick. I'm not sure what just airfare would be from New York, but I'd loved to have gotten mine for what you're seeing it at now. I'm leaving from Toronto in May and the cheapest I've found it so far is $600 (Cdn, tax incl) for a direct flight.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irelans airfare cost

Seriously consider a package-- check out Aer Lingus Vacations, Sceptre Tours, or Dooley Vacations (which we booked on). There are amazing packages where you get a car and 6 days accomodations for not much more than the best available airfare. We are travelling in April, and doing a stay at the Ritz Carlton outside Dublin-- 6 nights, car, airfare from JFK, $899. It is much cheaper in March. There are other packages as well, even cheaper, for B and B stays, with vouchers so you can choose where you want to travel.

In our package, we couldn't have done the flight and car for the price we are paying for those PLUS a 6 night stay at the RC!

Travelzoo is a great resource. That is where we found our package-- there is always something for Ireland there. The hospitality industry there must be in even deeper trouble than ours in the US, and ours is in dire trouble...

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irelans airfare cost

Also, these packages are VERY flexible. We are adding on extra days (booking accomodations ourselves for those days), keeping the car those extra days, and flying out of Shannon instead of Dublin. The only charge is for the extra days we keep the car.

5. Re: Irelans airfare cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 05:16