We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solis Lough Eske or Harvey's Point

glasgow
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Solis Lough Eske or Harvey's Point

Hi

My boyfriend and I are getting married in Donegal in the early part of 2011.

We have pretty much narrowed down our preference for the reception to either Solis Lough Eske Castle or Harvey's Point.

There doesn't seem to be much to choose between them in terms of cost and location.

We've stayed at Solis Lough Eske Castle, which we think is fantastic. We haven't, however, stayed at Harvey's Point, although we've heard great things about it (including from family) and from the website it too looks lovely.

From preliminary enquiries, staff at both seem excellent as well.

I'd appreciate any views from any of you who have experience of both/either.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes

Yvo28

co. donegal
Level Contributor
334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solis Lough Eske or Harvey's Point

Neither will disappoint both are fantastic hotels and top of their leagur but there is a saying here in donegal that one should stay at Solis Lough Eske and eat at Harveys point. I ve Been to Wedding at Harveys Point and couldnt fault it but Solis Lough Eske is breathtaking in appearance and setting

glasgow
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solis Lough Eske or Harvey's Point

Thanks for your post Stuarty - Lough Eske is looking like a winner from a staying/having a do perspective particularly as we hear that Harvey's Point might be quite old fashioned by comparison?

Anyway, thanks again: the force is clearly strong in you (yes, my boyfriend's a Star Wars fan too!)

Yvo.

ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solis Lough Eske or Harvey's Point

Having stayed at both, I would strongly advise you to stay at Harvey's Point. The staff are so friendly and attentive, the rooms and suites luxurious and attractive. the whole place seems to be run for your pleasure and comfort and not for their profit.

4. Re: Solis Lough Eske or Harvey's Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 05:15