We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Tour - which company?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
90 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Tour - which company?

I have similar packages from two providers, MyGuideIreland and IrishTourism.com.

Both involve my picking up a small car in Dublin July 8 to return on July 14, B&B coupons for six nights, Mont Clare Hotal in Dublin for July 14, 15, 16 without a car.

Anyone had experience with either (or both) companies?

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Tour - which company?

not sure why you need anyone to make a self drive package for you at all, there is no language barrier, you can drive, you have access to a computer and phone, its much more fun to do it yourself!!

and from what i hear the vouchers arent too popular, they restrict your choice of b and bs.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
90 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Tour - which company?

I'm getting that idea! I wish I had more time to plan (received study award from school for JULY), but I think I'm good enough to do it myself, as you suggest.

One concern I've seen is insurance on rental cars in Ireland: CDW or Super CDW?

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Tour - which company?

the vouchers are nothing but hassle, going by previous posts on this forum.

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving Tour - which company?

CDW is required insurance, but it leaves a sometimes rather large deductible (called excess over there). If you do not want that deductible amount held on your credit card, you must buy the SuperCDW to reduce or eliminate that amount. And each company seems to have their own numbers so it is very confusing.

5. Re: Driving Tour - which company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 05:18