We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddywagon tours

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,465 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Paddywagon tours

I was listening to Seán Moncreiffe on Newstalk on the way home from work. The roving reporter Henry McKean was trying different jobs, so this particular day he was a tour guide with Paddywagon. To my HORROR and DISGUST when the reporter asked the man in charge what he should say about the site being visited as he knew nothing about it, he was told to MAKE IT UP.It really is not good enough to have these tours operate in such a way, tourists pay money for a guide, the least they could expect is someone who knows something about where the tour goes.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Dublin
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wild Rover Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Collins Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Irish Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,612 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddywagon tours

Hey Paddywagon, take note.

"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"

Intelligent people will quickly see through the 'blarney'.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,922 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddywagon tours

Reminds me of the "blarney" that the bus driver on one of Dero's ROK bus tours out of Killarney told us passengers. It's a good while ago so I can't remember exactly what the "make-up-as-you-go-along" stories were but I do remember being quite annoyed.

Thanks for pointing this out, HarveyIreland.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,465 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddywagon tours

I had a few children up at the Browneshill Dolmen today

carlowtourism.com/default.aspx?id=35&mid=185

and there was a Paddywagon tour there. I was telling the children about the programme and they were highly indignant, it was they suggested that it should be made known to the wider public.I would never DREAM of taking the children on a tour without researching it beforehand and if they ask me something I don't know, I'll say I don't know, but try and find out .

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,664 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddywagon tours

What horribly bad form...

Hopefully the publicity will make them pull up their socks.

Thanks for publicising it Harvey.

5. Re: Paddywagon tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 07:18