We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland - Guinness Tour

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland - Guinness Tour

All,

I understand that Guinness no longer offers "true" brewery tours to the general public they only offer the Guinness Storehouse for any inside look. My question is, is there ANY way to get an insiders tour of the Guinness brewery. We enjoy seeing the actual working brewery and love Guinness and want to be able to see the behind the scenes stuff. We are staying at the Westin in Dublin and I was wondering if maybe the Concierge would be able to help us set up something. Any thoughts or help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland - Guinness Tour

have never heard of such a request, but I'm sure Guinness themselves have.

Go to www.guinness.com, and go to the 'contact us' section, and type in your request below.

You never know what they'll say..........

The guinness storehouse tour has always received positive feedback via this forum, so it might be enough?????????

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland - Guinness Tour

Hi

I think its pretty unlikely you'll get a real behind-the-scenes tour. However a lot of things in Ireland operate on a who-you-know not what-you-know basis. As such posting here on the forum is a good start - might pick up a Diageo employee who is in the know.

Failing such a piece of luck I think you are along the right lines with your idea for involving the Westin concierge. I'm sure they will give it a try for you - they can often work minor miracles. Contact the conceriege in advance (before you arrive - I'd say a couple of weeks at least) and see if they can hook you up.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland - Guinness Tour

Thank you both for your responses! We are going to do the Storehouse as well, but wanted more!

Hopefully I will get lucky with a response from an employee of Diageo! We will be in Ireland March 11 for 2 weeks for our first trip there! I am very much looking forward to this trip, I am an Irish citizen thanks to Grandpa (from Galway) and I say that I am probably the only Irish citizen who has never been to Ireland!

Our trip starts with 6 nights in Dublin, 6 nights in Galway (over St. Pats)and the final 3 nights in Ennis. We wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get to know the different areas and most importantly RELAX!

Any tips or must sees would be greatly appreicated!