We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Ireland

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in Ireland

I will be visiting ireland in weeks time to meet my brother. We are staying near Dublin. Though i will be staying for 3 weeks, I wanted to plan a 3 day trip to some good place. My brother give me option of Galway or Killarney. I will be travelling with my wife and infant kid in my own car.

I need your advice on two things.

1- What would be the good option to spend weekend - 3 days away from home.

2- Which places should be in my Must See list during my stay in Ireland.

Gurus , Need your urgent and thorogh advice....

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,070 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Ireland

Meero, both Killarney and Galway are great options for a few days away outside Dublin.

Considering that you're going to be travelling with a small child Galway would mean less driving time but Killarney is certainly possible.

In Killarney you could walk through the National Park (I assume your child is in a buggy?) and just wander around town or take a drive around the famous Ring of Kerry. Or maybe just parts of it if you don't to take too long a drive with your kiddie. As to child-friendly attractions in or around Killarney I am sure that other posters here will have better ideas.

Galway would offer trips to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher or a drive around Connemara. The city itself is just bustling with life and a walk along the promenade in Salthill would surely please you, your wife and the little one.

I hope you'll get better suggestions from others.

cincinnati ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Ireland

we just came back from ireland.2 week stay.we rented a car.you must get a GPS and or cell phone.because you will get lost without it.the roads are bumpier in the west and dont have that many road signs.but thats anywhere.

ring of kerry is an awesome sight.be prepared to pull over quite a lot to take lots of pictures.blarney castle in co cork is cool.not just the castle is there.theres grounds to walk around.

muckross house in killarney is awesome.we didnt go into the house but walked on the grounds.took a jaunting car.

the town of cashel is very small.the rock of cashel was very interesting.let me know if you want any more info.

3. Re: Weekend in Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 06:27