We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2010 Hurling Champs

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
244 posts
532 reviews
Save Topic
2010 Hurling Champs

Last September we just happened to be in Dublin for the hurling championships. We found it to be great fun as we traveled down to Kilkenny for the local celebration. I've been trying to find this year's results on the internet. I cannot get a good summary of what happened. Anyone have a site for a summary, or just briefly tell what happened?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,198 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2010 Hurling Champs

Hi Mac

Your post is very timely - the All Ireland Gaelic Football Final took place today with Cork coming out on top (no doubt Bryno is celebrating!).

See details on the RTE website

rte.ie/sport/…cork_down1.html

The Hurling final was won by Tipperary much to the dismay of all the Kilkenny fans who were hoping for a five in a row!

sportsnewsireland.com/2010/…

and you can listen to the game on this link

rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/0905/gaa_…

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
244 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2010 Hurling Champs

Greatly appreciate the information. We had really never heard much about hurling before coming to Ireland. It was fun for see the spirit of competition. Again, thank you. It will let us relive some great memories. Mac and Mrs. Mac

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2010 Hurling Champs

whoooooooooooooooooohhhoooooooooooooooooooo

UP THE REBELS!!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2010 Hurling Champs

I was lucky enough to get tickets to this year's All Ireland Hurling final, and it was one of the best finals for years.

The atmosphere was electric, so I hope that some of it comes through on the links that dubfam has given to you, mac.

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
244 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2010 Hurling Champs

Indeed, the game is on streaming broadcast. Side benefit for me is the link to a tradtional Irish Music channel. Great day.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2010 Hurling Champs

Ya lucky thing bannergirl! I was at the semi-final between Waterford & Tipperary. We both had a vested interest in the minor game and the senior game!

Maconthemove: They take their hurling very seriously in Kilkenny so I'm sure that you wittnessed great celebrations last year!

Here is article on Tipperary's famous victory in 2010 :-)

irishtimes.com/newspaper/…1224278289311.html

You might be interested in watching yesterday's All-Ireland Football Final. Sadly the hurling is no longer viewable :-(

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1080715

7. Re: 2010 Hurling Champs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 04:16