We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

web cams for west side of Ireland

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
826 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
web cams for west side of Ireland

We are planning a return visit to Ireland in June and really enjoy watching web-cams before we choose specific destinations. However, we aren't finding many for Ireland except for Dublin. If you have URLs for some good ones on the west coast, anywhere from Donegal down to Kinsale, we would appreciate the information. Thank you!

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,645 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: web cams for west side of Ireland

Whatever happened to reading books? There you will find out where to go not by watching innocent people going about their business.

Web-cams, hmmm. Why do you want to watch peoiple in order to make up your mind where to go? Books are the thing.

Other posters will very likely not have any problems but I'll be watching my back in future.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: web cams for west side of Ireland

There are a few here meteosurfcanarias.com/webcams/new/beach-cams…

but its dark at the moment so not much to see. One of the best ones is out of order after a fire.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
826 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: web cams for west side of Ireland

Thanks for the post, Doneraile. I will check those out.

Clauds, what a strange response! Or were you being satirical? Tone is so hard to read on the internet.

We check webcams to get an idea of the weather, sunsets, traffic patterns. It's also enjoyable to watch ones like the Bergen waterfront or the Eiffel Tower just for the nostalgic "we were there not so long ago." We aren't using them to spy on people. As to travel books, I generally buy at least half a dozen before we travel. However, one problem with travel guides is that they make every place sound good. It becomes difficult to decide which are more worthwhile. As an English major, I read constantly and own hundreds of books.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,645 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: web cams for west side of Ireland

Sorry, I was just being narky.

Webcams hadn't struck me as a means of finding out about a place but I suppose you have a point.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,967 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: web cams for west side of Ireland

I suppose the web cam approach is a step up from romanticised films featuring locations embellished over the past decades. These fantasy's seem to dictate the must see destinations for some travellers?

6. Re: web cams for west side of Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 05:17