We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

Sarasota, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

Hello all! I have been reading the forums with great enthusiasm, and learned alot so far, but i need some advice. I need help planning my 2 week honeymoon. I have small least on what we have decided are ' must do's':

dublin: pub crawl, jameson factory, trinity college, staying at a hostel near trinity

Glendolough, Co Wicklow

Killarney

1 or 2 night at dromoland, galway

Thats all I have really come up with. We want to take it slow and spend more time per stop so we dont feel rushed. Want to stay at B&B's for the most part. I am looking at a budget of 3700 Euro not including flights

Any one have suggestions? All help would be greatly appreciated!!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

If you fly into Dublin and out of Shannon you could consider something like

Dublin 3 nights

via Glendalough to Kilkenny 1 night

Kinsale 1 night

Killarney 3 nights (base for national park, Beara and Dingle peninsulas)

cliffs of moher 1 night in Doolin

Galway 2 nights (tour some of Connemara)

Dromoland 2 nights (this is in Clare, not Galway). It is also close to Shannon. You will see lots but there is a lot of driving in this itinerary.

Alternatively, you could tour for a week and take a cottage for a week to chill and meet the local people. Somewhere beautiful and romantic like West Kerry, Clare or Connemara

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

I would thoroughly recommend overnighting in Glendalough as this would allow you to appreciate the site when all the day visitors have gone.

It is really beautiful in the morning and the evening and would give you a real taste of "Monastic Ireland"

I would recommend staying in Riversdale House which has a fantastic location in the valley. We have stayed in their cottage for a hill walking weekend. The B&B is about a 10 minute walk (through a lovely quite borreen) from Glendalough and the hotel in the valley.

http://www.glendalough.eu.com/

Another 20 minutes walk will bring you to Laragh where there is a pub,postoffice etc.

Edited: 18 October 2010, 10:25
Sarasota, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

Thank you so much for the advice! This will help me tremendously. I was also wondering if there will be any rugby tournaments/games while we are visiting. I am a huge fan of the game.

Edited: 18 October 2010, 10:58
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

Yes, the top European club competition, the Heineken Cup will be reaching it's final group stages in April.

Check out www.irishrugby.ie and go the fixtures list

Sarasota, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

Sweet. I checked it out. They dont have any games listed past the end of Jan2011. Not surprising, I am guessiing we have to wait couple of months till we can see into April's matches.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

The Heineken European Cup quarter finals take place on the weekend of 9th/10th April, and hopefully one of the three competing Irish teams will have a home quarter-final. Tickets will be difficult to come by though if they do. The league competition, the Magners League also will be coming near the end of the season during April. There is some big derby games scheduled for April, including Munster v Leinster at the start of April and Leinster v Ulster in the middle of April. There is four Irish teams competing in the Magners League; Leinster (Dublin), Connacht (Galway), Ulster (Belfast) & Munster (Cork/Limerick) Feel free to drop me a private message closer to the time if you need further info....

7. Re: Need Advice for my honeymoon in April 2011!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:18