We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Elite tours

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Emerald Elite tours

Hello, I am considering booking a tour with Emerald Elite, but didn't see any reviews. Has anyone used them before? I'd appreciate the feedback!

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald Elite tours

Well, I have never heard of them, but I rather think they would be out of my league! The website is certainly impressive and I cannot see anything in it that does not ring true. Hope you get some feedback, but I don't think there has been any discussion about them previously.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald Elite tours

I saw their website this weekend and put in a request for an itenerary and quote. I'll let you know when I hear from them- do the same for me if you communicate with them.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Emerald Elite tours

Thanks! I was looking at Emerald Elite tour offered thru Jetsetter.com ( gilt's sister travel company). It sounds very interesting and comprehensive. I wonder how Jetsetter price would compare to the actual website quote? if you want to check it out and not a member or have difficulty joining, let me know and I can send you an invite.

Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Emerald Elite tours

We used Emerald Elite Custom Tours August 2010. It was wonderful. We selected the small group tour and could not have been happier. Our tour consisted of 10 people ( 6 of us travelling together) and 2 other couples. Our tour guide for the entire 8 days was Eamon. He was a wonderful guide, very entertaining and very knowledgeable.. I would definately ask for him again. The whole trip could not have been better and we wil ldefinately go back to Ireland.

Linda

Camarillo...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Emerald Elite tours

We used Emerald Elite Custom Tours for our trip to Ireland in June 2011. I selected Elite after contacting two other tour companies in Ireland. I got initial quotes on an itinerary. The costs were very similar. I wanted to make some changes and Emerald Elite Custom Tours was the only one that did not take the opportunity to jack up the price. Furthermore, dealing with Emarald Elite Custom Tours by email and telephone, on their nickel, was always timely, efficient, and pleasant. I have had the pleasure of dealing with Sinead, whom I recommend highly.

The tour was for six of us. This included my wife, her daughter, our son-in-law and their two children, aged 9 and 11 at the time, and me. Our driver/guide was Paul. He is very helpful, funny and had stories and history of everything we saw or drove past.

Our accommodations were very nice everywhere we stayed over 8 days. Glasha Farmhouse was a particular favorite, as was the small pub just down the lane from it. Ballynahinch Castle was our welcome to Ireland. It could not have been more perfect. Every day was delightful, with no hassles.

If you are considering a small group tour in Ireland, you would do well to consider Emerald Elite Custom Tours.

Edited: 03 March 2012, 00:19
Camarillo...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Emerald Elite tours

My post #5 above should have indicated that I used Emerald Custom Tours, a Division of Emerald Elite Group. It is a First-Class operation.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,303 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emerald Elite tours

My dear friends in Trip advisor....

Can you feel the love tonight?

The peace the evening brings

The world, for once, in perfect harmony

With all its living things

Can you feel the love tonight?

You needn't look too far

Stealing through the night's uncertainties

Love is where they are

Bill - any chance you could show me the way to Camarillo??

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emerald Elite tours

Emerald Elite tours? Outstanding! I'm from Florida. I booked a tour, arrived in Dublin, and everything was magnificent. Guide met me in Dublin. We went to an historic site, then checked into Ashford Castle. Magnificent. Seconds from "The Quiet Man" sites. Saw Connemara. Leenane, Kylemore Abbey. South to The Burren and Cliffs of Moher. The Ring of Kerry with the magnificent Europe Hotel in Killarney. Cork, Cobh, castles, Dublin at the Merrion, everything first-class, including the accommodations. Spend a few more dollars and book the Emerald Elite "Enchanted Ireland" tour and you'll be happy. Michael h

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Emerald Elite tours

First, I will say that I love to travel and do so quite a bit but am generally not a big fan of 'tours.' My mom gifted :) my niece and I with a tour through Ireland in July, 2011 using Emerald Elite. And so, off I went. I am now a huge fan. EMERALD ELITE IS FABULOUS. I highly recommend any/all of their tours.

The tour guide, Aemon (sp?) was amazing, the food and lodging were all wonderful and we met some great new friends. (There were 9 of us in our little group.) I am incredibly picky about food and used to wonderful Boston restaurants. (My b/f is something of a foodie.) The food was incredible. Aemon knows every great out of the way restaurant in Ireland. He is also incredibly knowledgeable and is able to support the history of each historic site that you visit ~ in a charming/not overwhelming way.(My mom took copious notes while my niece and I just listened and enjoyed...) What a fabulous way to see Ireland. Book your trip today without worry. It is definitely worth every euro ~ even when your mom is not paying the bill. :) Beth from Boston

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emerald Elite tours

Accurate. Post!