We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip advice

St. Louis
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip advice

We will be in Ireland next week. Have heard it very cold in rooms at night? We are not staying in any BB places. Is this the case in hotels and castle rooms also? Thanks for any info!

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip advice

Who told you "it very cold in rooms at night"?

I haven't come across it being very cold in Irish B&Bs, hotels or castle rooms, rather the opposite where I couldn't sleep because of the heat emanating from the radiators.

Usually it's possible to adjust the radiator heat yourself. If, however, you cannot do so contact reception immediately and let them know your wishes.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip advice

The main complaint is that rooms are too hot! I have never figured out why hotels and hospitals seem to feel the need to keep the environment at sub tropical temperatures.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip advice

it must be difficult for hotels, if they keep an even temperature there will always be some people 'too hot' and some 'too cold'. If you do feel cold (unlikely) simply ask for another cover, if you're too hot, open the window.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip advice

So practical Fuschiagirl, and yet so obvious! : )

St. Louis
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip advice

Thank you for all your information.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip advice

I just spent four days in Glengarriff, I had to get up in the middle of the night in order to turn off the central heating.

7. Re: Trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 11:20