We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing into Rosslare from Wales in August 2011

New Milton, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Sailing into Rosslare from Wales in August 2011

Hello fellow travelers, having missed being in Ireland, not been back for 12 years, we have booked a family holiday to Southern Ireland heading for Carrick on Shannon in August

Only problem seems to be the price of the ferries !

My question therefore is, does anyone know a reliable way of securing cheaper ferry crossings from Wales into Rosslare.

We will be a party of 8 traveling in 2 normal sized cars.

Many thanks in advance

Robb

Irish in...
Level Contributor
309 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing into Rosslare from Wales in August 2011

If you are heading as far north as Carrick on Shannon, have you considered crossing further north into Dublin? You may have more options that way.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing into Rosslare from Wales in August 2011

my daughter assured me that the 2am crossing is cheaper that the 2pm, personally I would rather pay the fare!! Seriously though it is very expensive to take the ferry,midweek rates might be lower, otherwise its four oil drums and paddles I'm afraid.

London, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing into Rosslare from Wales in August 2011

Do you(or any of your party) collect Tesco clubcard vouchers.

Both Stena and Irish ferries are part of the rewards scheme.

4. Re: Sailing into Rosslare from Wales in August 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 20:20