We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

July 1 - 30 I will be in most parts of Ireland, north and south and one of the things I want to do is search for Sea Glass to add to my collection. Can you please share with me where I might have the best of luck finding these gems?

Thank you in advance and we look forward with great anticipation falling in love with your country.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

I saw an article on this which mentions beaches in Wexford: www.icarne.com

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

From a couple of years ago, on this forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k30463…

And, this for other possible locations:

ehow.com/about_6592235_sea-glass-hunting-ire…

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

Hi Mazatlan, Not sea glass, but treasure hunters often visit Achill Island in Co. Mayo, to look for amethysts.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

Thank you very much. I've seen both posts and was looking for updated info. I appreciate thought!

Truckee, California
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

I'll be in Dublin for six days next month and make sea glass jewelry...I would love to add some Irish Sea Glass to my jewelry. Anyone with a great spot to share will be rewarded with a ring or necklace! I promise! xoxo from California. Mary Ellen

6. Re: Sea Glass Search in Ireland - July 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 10:32