We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and Flight time.

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and Flight time.

I am thinking of going to Ireland for my honeymoon and was curious about a few things that I can't seem to find the answers to online.

Firstly, I would be flying from Boston and am wondering what the flight time would be to Shannon.

Second, what is the weather like year round. I am getting married in October but can certainly wait on the honeymoon if the weather is not good that time of year.

Thanks!!

Brooke

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and Flight time.

Hi bogden. You can go to aerlingus.com and do a trisl run at a flight. It's 5 1/2 hrs. from NY and 6 1/2 coming back. If I had to guess, Boston'd be a half an hr. shorter. Cheers.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and Flight time.

Sorry, but with Irish weather you could never know. Again, if I had to guess it could be 40's-50's with no idea on precipitation. Cheers.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,145 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and Flight time.

Brooke, the weather in Ireland is unpredictable all year around. You may get absolutely wonderful or appalling weather at any time.

October 2003, my family and I spent a week in Killarney. We were out in our shirt-sleeves. The weather was spectacular. On the Thursday, my Mother (The Weather Witch!!) was due to come down. She rang us and expressed concern about coming down. We were wondering about what she was talking about. She said the weather had got a bit worse - we said yes, there were a few white clouds but that was it. When she did arrive down on the bus a few hours later, she told us how there were floods so deep in Limerick the traffic had come to a halt. There was torrential rain until the Kerry side of Abbeyfeale when it stopped and the sun came out. Killarney is 65 miles from Limerick.

Usually in October the weather can be cooler and there is usually a storm. But Ireland isn't about weather. Also, during the month of October, the leaves turn. In Killarney and other places with high levels of deciduous trees this can be spectacular.