We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

Halifax Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
754 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

We just started to think about a trip in March 2012, and I see Aer Lingus has a great sale on that ends tomorrow. I am NOT ready to book yet, but it seems hard to beat $600USD from Boston to Dublin. Will I get another chance at a sale like that before March? Does anyone know if Aer Lingus has this sort of sale often? Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

JoAnne in Canada (who is willing to drive for a good airfare!)

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Maine
Level Contributor
181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

that is a great price and you are unlikely to do any better. I would go for it....

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,073 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

I can't predict what Aer Lingus will do this year, but I am on their mailing list and last year, I got notices of sales at least 3 - 4 times. I got a similar number of notices of sales in 2009 when we made our first trip to Ireland.

We booked our flight for May 2011 during a winter sale in February at $650 from DCA, connecting through Boston.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

Aer lingus have regular sales - I get e.mails from them notifying me.

So just sign up with them - www.aerlingus.com - select "Sign up offers" on the left hand side of their web page.

If you are thinking of travelling to Ireland around 17th March (St. Patrick's Day), you might find it difficult to get a bargin from US airports on those dates, as a lot of Americans come to Ireland for that festival week.

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

Just be careful with Aer Lingus... what they show as a sale price can actually be more money due to taxes, etc. If you can go next March for $600, go for it. I paid $633 last September and for this Sept. can't find anything less than $850... what a difference a year makes.

Aer Lingus used to offer summer sales... 4 people for $1,999 which runs about $500 each... A great deal.

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

My best airfare on Aer Lingus was about 7 years ago... I paid $250 round trip at the beginning of March... How can you NOT go... ;)

Louisville, Kentucky
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

We price-stalked Kayak and ended up getting a pretty great price only about 1 1/2 months before the trip. The average low price from Louisville was between $1,100-1,400 round-trip to Dublin. I checked every day and one random Tuesday, it dipped down to $548. Check often and book when you know you have a good price!

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

price-stalking - great phrase! I did this a few years ago - checked the website every day and got a fare from Dublin - Dulles roundtrip for $45 each way......booked it before you could say *website error* !

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
8. Re: How often does Aer Lingus have sales?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 20:16