We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury 4/5 star for night

Cork, Ireland
11 posts
Save Topic
Luxury 4/5 star for night

I am looking for a nice hotel to take my husband away for a night for his birthday in mid november.

I had looked at carton house which looks nice but unfortunately they do not seem to have availability for the night I want.

Can anyone recommend anywhere similar to carton house (4/5 star, with a spa and in nice setting, i.e. not in middle of a town/city) in Dublin, Meath, Westmeath, Kildare area?

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,772 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury 4/5 star for night

Dunboyne Castle is quite close to Carton

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury 4/5 star for night

What about Kilashee outside Naas?

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury 4/5 star for night

Hi Eclair

I'd suggest Bellinter House if you opt for Co Meath!

http://www.bellinterhouse.com/

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury 4/5 star for night

Barberstown Castle.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
345 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury 4/5 star for night

Kilronan Castle in Co Roscommon is lovely but for a night it might be just too far. You also have a look at Park Hotel in Kenmare, lovely hotel and there are some lovely restaurants in Kenmare and some great pubs also. If you wanted to come towards Dublin, you could look into the Four Seasons, Westbury or Shelbourne.

Hope this helps

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury 4/5 star for night

I'm with Little Pumpkin on recommending Bellinter House - we stayed there recently and it was fantastic - the spa treatment was fabulous.

Also have a look at the Ritz Carlton Powerscourt.

Enjoy!

7. Re: Luxury 4/5 star for night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 15:18