We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

My husband and I are planning on driving from Cork to Dingle with an early morning start on a Saturday in May. We would really like to stop at the Gap of Dunloe and tour the gap, then continue on to Dingle. I'm trying to figure out the logistics and cost involved. When you arrive I assume there is somewhere to park and then there are jaunting cart options to tour it? How much would it cost for two people to ride in a cart and is that the only option besides walking or riding a bike? How long does the tour take?

Is this a realistic itinerary? We want to be in Dingle by 7:00 PM at the latest, and it looks like it should be do-able.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

Thanks Tony!!

armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

We are also wanting advise in this area. We will drive from Cork to Killarney (leaving Cork around 9.30am). We want to do Muckross House/garden and Ross castle (possible before lunch) and then do Gap of Dunloe after lunch. We have a car...What is the best way to see it. Where should we drive to and how long will all this take? Thanks

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

Were you able to read the previous posts on this thread. I think they covered your questions. Only you can decide what is the best way for you but if you read through the possibilities you might be able to pick one? If I completely missed your specific question please clarify.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

I agree Marty, I had pretty much the same questions you had. Start at page 1 and read all the posts.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
770 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

Here is an interesting site describing the Gap of Dunloe and Black Valley:

all-ireland.com/attractions/…gapofdunloe.htm

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

It is indeed Kilted2 and gives a good overview of what to expect and also ones options for accessing it.

27. Re: stop at Gap of Dunloe--cost and logistics?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:17