We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin-cork

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
537 posts
Save Topic
Dublin-cork

Hi,

How much would i spend on tolls from dublin to cork? About 5 euro? Where do you i suggest i stop to break up the journey?

Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin-cork

If travelling city centre to city centre, there is one toll on the M7 which costs €1.80. If travelling from Dublin Airport to Cork, there is an additional toll of €3 on the M50 (Dublin beltway).

The trip only takes about 2.5 hours from edge of Dublin to edge of Cork - or maybe 3 - 3.5 hours from city centre to city centre , so it can readily be completed without a break. However, Cashel is a nice location for a stopover if you feel like a break.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,671 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin-cork

In addition to the above, the M8 has two further tolls of one euro eighty. Total cost from the airport would be eight euro and forty cent.

This might make a good pit stop.

www.horseandjockeyhotel.com/

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin-cork

Cashel would be handier from the motorway than would the Horse and Jockey.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin-cork

From city centre to city centre last month, I only spent €3.60 on tolls. (€1.80 at each) One on the outskirts of Portlaoise and the second near Watergrasshill. We travelled from St Stephens Green to Cork city.

The places mentioned are fine for stop offs, but to be honest i would not bother. The trip is less than 3 hours and is a very pleasant one on an excellent motorway (M7 & M8)

The toll stops I mention have both automatic booths and also manned booths, so while the exact change is handy to have, it does not matter if you don't as change will be given at the manned booths.

Edited: 08 January 2012, 17:25
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin-cork

Providing you do not travel through the M50 toll section between between Junctions 6 and 7, (€3), you will only have two tolls of €1.80 each on the M7/8 to Cork. As Bryno said, unless you specifically want to have a break on the journey, I would travel non stop from Dublin to Cork. However, if you do want to stop, then Cashel is the best option - you might even visit the Rock of Cashel. I would not stop in Horse and Jockey - there is absolutely nothing there to see or do - except get yourself a bit of food.

6. Re: Dublin-cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2013, 10:25