We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for final Ireland itinerary advice

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for final Ireland itinerary advice

About to commit to final itinerary, but would love any last minute opinions!

Will fly in to Shannon and rent a car and drive directly to Kenmare (with stops possibly).

2 nights in Kenmare, Sea Shore Farm Guesthouse, after first night on full day Beara Peninsula, after checking out 2nd night go to Killarney National Park on the way to Dingle Peninsula

2 nights in Dingle, Greenmount Hotel

2 nights in Doolin, Ballinackan Castle Manor, Burren and Cliffs

1 night in Letterfrack, Connemara National Park, Rosleague Manor (rather than do Connemara as day trip from Galway)

2 nights in Galway, either Park House Hotel, Forster Court Hotel, The House Hotel or Skeffington Arms Hotel (Galway at the end to be closer to the airport for a noonish flight home)

Fly out of Shannon

Questions have to do with whether we have enough nights in each location (or too many) and whether it's way too much territory to cover or a good itinerary.

Thanks!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,941 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for final Ireland itinerary advice

Looks good to me,I'd go closer to Shannon for my last night, but then, I am paranoid about missing planes/trains etc.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for final Ireland itinerary advice

I'd switch the order to: Dingle, Galway, Letterfrack, Doolin.

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for final Ireland itinerary advice

Thanks for your input, what about Kenmare trintraveler?

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for final Ireland itinerary advice

I think Kenmare is okay as first stop - it's a long drive from Shannon on your arrival day, so be sure to stop for coffee or lunch as needed.

Doolin will be closer to Shannon than Galway, and you'll have less morning traffic to go thru on your departure day.

I think Dingle to Letterfrack a long drive - I think easier to go from Dingle to Galway, then Letterfrack.

Edited: 30 January 2012, 15:25
5. Re: Looking for final Ireland itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2013, 10:28