We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport shuttle transportation - dublin

central coast...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Topic
airport shuttle transportation - dublin

Staying at trinity capital hotel for 2 nights late april.

One post stated there is hotel transportation from dublin AP. I have written hotel to confirm.

If not, best way to get to hotel

Cab expensive? shuttle to which stop - how far to lug our luggage

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

Taxi about €25-30. Nearest dedicated airport express coach or bus services are Aircoach and Airlink 747, both of which serve the Trinity College/College Green area, about 5 minutes from the hotel.

Airlink cost is €6 and Aircoach €7. Note that Airlink 747 serves a single but somewhat circuituous route from the airport to the city centre. Aircoach runs on a number of routes but has some which are more direct from the airport to the city centre than Airlink.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

If going by Aircoach or Airlink, ask to be let of in College Green. As far as I know, Aircoach stop outside Trinity College, at the bottom of Grafton St. You just walk around the college perimiter, which you will keep on your right. See this google map link - http://g.co/maps/e35nn

Airlink stops in College Green/Dame St. As you get off the bus, Trinity will be down to your left. Walk down to its main entrance gate, and then follow the directions above. There is little or no difference in the time it will take you to get to the hotel from either stop

central coast...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

hotel said to take blue bus...which one would this be.

thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

Probabaly Aircoach, as they are generally blue - though they sometimes carry advertising which can result in a full colour change for the entire bus. However, as already mentioned, the set-down locations for both Aircoach and Airlink are within a very short distance of each other (50-100 meters) outside Trinity College, so it makes no difference as to which you take in getting to your hotel.

central coast...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

i understand one has more stops, more circuitous route. After a long flight, would want the one that is more direct. would you khow which one that is?

thanks so much

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

Aircoach probably the best in this situation, more comfortable and slightly quicker.

and as pointed out, it's usually blue :-)

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

Here is a link to the Aircoach (blue bus) route map from Dublin airport - www.aircoach.ie/map.routes.ballsbridge.php

You get off at the Trinity College/Grafton St stop, which is the third stop from the airport. Just ask the driver to let you know, when you are there. Then follow my previous instructions from there to the hotel

Seattle
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

Piping up to give my two cents from experience: I took the Aircoach last year, and it was wonderfully easy getting from the airport to my hotel (near Merrion Square). Getting back to the airport took a lot longer, but it was just a matter of much more traffic and also more passengers getting on and off.

But it was very easy to use.

9. Re: airport shuttle transportation - dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 10:25