We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb packing ?????

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dumb packing ?????

I will be in Ireland for 9 days, so how many pair of pants/jeans would you bring? I was thinking 5 jeans and 1 pair of slacks.....I am trying not to overpack. I thought I could repeat wearing some of the jeans, or is that icky! Lol. Thanks for the replies!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb packing ?????

I usually try and avoid wearing jeans on vacation - heavy to carry and very hard to dry if they get wet.

WET jeans would be icky lol - how about maybe sweatpants instead? or maybe some light capris or cargo pants?

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumb packing ?????

wow!! do you usually only wear jeans for one day?

I'd best keep quiet.

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
873 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumb packing ?????

I repeat wearing pants all the time. I'd repeat wearing tops too if I wasn't so bad about spilling stuff on them. Men repeat wearing their suit pants all the time.

I'd take 1 pair jeans, 2 pair chinos/khakis/cargo pants, maybe 1 pair sweats( unless you are like me and don't wear sweats in public unless exercising) and 1 pair slacks.

Hope you have a grand time on your trip!

K.

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
873 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumb packing ?????

FushiagirlEn- I spoke for you;-)

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumb packing ?????

seriously, I'm going for 12 days, I am travelling in cargo pants because of the pockets and will take two pairs of jeans. One day pair and one smart pair,

if I change in the evening to the smart ones, the day pair will be dry by next morning, the cargo pants will have to do for the four travelling days. Tops have to do 24 hours each, a clean one in the evening then has to do for the next day. Though I suppose it does depend where you are going, I will be out on the hills, no one will see me.

Orlando Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dumb packing ?????

Hi Everyone!!! Thanks for the input! I am glad to see what people pack....my girlfriends are bringing load of clothes, so I was beginning to wonder if I was on the right track. I will be on a bus tour , so I do want to be comfy, but not look slouchy . It is raining and in high 50's and low 37 at night, so I thought I would skip the capris, but I will follow up on all other suggestions. Ya' ll are the best! Thank you!

Canada
Level Contributor
6,967 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dumb packing ?????

Sassycat- you said it- pretty dumb packing! Do a net search on packing for women- there is a great site with lots of tips.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dumb packing ?????

How do you know it will be raining? We don't

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,923 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dumb packing ?????

for 9 days, i'd take 5 tops, and 5 bottoms...

for our upcoming trip, 16 days on the ground, i'll take 8 pairs of capris, and 8 tops....it's not hot and i won't be sweating cause i'm not going to do anything but walk.....i wear everything twice without being offensive to myself or those around me....

the one and only tour i did, in 2000, only allowed one bag so i learned quickly to pack as light as possible....

have a great time.....

Orlando Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dumb packing ?????

I will assume it may rain....at least this is the information I am receiving from the weather travel sites.