We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental - easytourireland.com

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
162 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental - easytourireland.com

I've seen the recent postings of renting Hertz thru http://easytourireland.com/ and the quote given me is very reasonable and inclusive of theft, CDW and SCDW. Does anyone have any personal experience of renting thru them?

Also, we currently have our car rented thru Budget City Centre b/c we were originally heading to Kilkenny but are now going to Westport from Dublin. Would it be a lot easier to rent from the airport? I am hesitant to change as I am satisfied w/ our quote and someone on here is very negative about the Budget airport locale but also want an easy exit from Dublin.

Wakarusa, KS, USA
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental - easytourireland.com

YES! I was very pleased with my experience with http://easytourireland.com/ on my last visit to Ireland! There were absolutely no surprises, no hidden charges, nothing! What I was quoted was what I paid!

Regarding where to pick up the car, Hertz has a Downtown office and it's close to the M-50 that you can "hop on" and then to the N-4 which will lead you to Westport (it becomes the N-5 down the line, follow the signs). That would save you taxi fare back out to the airport which is north of Dublin city some 6 miles.

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
7,259 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental - easytourireland.com

Same car with Avis and same insurance is cheaper. At least the deal my travel agent got me. (also including a different drop off location)

Level Contributor
194 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental - easytourireland.com

It's been a few months since this was posted. It looked promising and I'm researching for next year.

In the months since, "Does anyone have any personal experience of renting thru them?"

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
405 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental - easytourireland.com

We used EasyTour to book our car for our trip at the end of Aug this year. All fees were included in the quote and the reservation confirmation came back direct from Hertz. No problems at the Hertz desk at the Dublin airport, a quick bus ride out to the car rental area and we were on our way shortly thereafter. Returning the car was also a breeze, there were no issues with possible scratches (I'm sure we had a few as we had to plow into a berm on the Slea Head Drive to allow a bus to pass) and every employee we encountered was helpful and pleasure to deal with. We had an issue with the rented GPS (it worked but touch screen was wonky and made it difficult to enter info), mentioned it at the car return where they made a note on our receipt and gave us an email address to file a complaint. We were refunded the GPS rental fee within 3 business days of returning the car.

I did compare our EasyTour quote with the quote/reservation that my husband had made through USAA/Avis and it was cheaper - (for the daily rental only, no extra insurance/fees etc it was $98USD thru EasyTour vs $125USD Avis. His total AVIS rate with taxes/fees did not include the extra insurance so I can't compare there, but decided to go with the EasyTour quote since it told us exactly what we expected to pay when we got to Dublin, which it was. In addition, Hertz charged us nothing on our card until we returned the car (no deposit or hold, etc).

I would use them again, though I know others have had problems with Hertz. Compare pricing and go with what you feel is best!

5. Re: Car rental - easytourireland.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 13:15