We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping locales near Dublin Airport

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping locales near Dublin Airport

We had planned to spend our last day before flying home near the airport but need to pick up a few uniquely Irish gifts. Any recommendations on where to do some last minute shopping or other indoor activities as heavy rains are predicted? Or...should we just tough it out and visit Bru Na Boinne in the downpour?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping locales near Dublin Airport

Tough it out.

If you canceled plans every time rain was forecast for Ireland you'd never go anywhere. :)

My first visit to Newgrange it poured all day. I survived it.

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping locales near Dublin Airport

Do both I say... Newgrange is a half day trip. Shop at Pavilions shopping centre in Swords ( closest town to the airport) in which you'll find Carraig Donn & Butlers Chocolate Café, both Irish.

www.pavilions.ie

www.butlerschocolates.com

www.carraigdonn.ie

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping locales near Dublin Airport

The last thing you want to do is worry about the weather forecasts,we are off to the Netherlands in a couple of days,one forecast says rain all the time & another says dry,keep looking your sure to find one you like!

Edited: 07 May 2012, 15:43
4. Re: Shopping locales near Dublin Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:40