We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont even think of going to to ireland

Ala, Italy
1 post
Save Topic
Dont even think of going to to ireland

I made a maiden visit from the UK to Ireland in April. . The city of Dublin is filthy and nothing in it. Expensive like hell.

There is nothing out there apart from reflections of the British again screwing up a country. I visited places like Killaneary and Cork county but if you have done Scotland then this a poorer and ruder version of that. Dublin is very expensive for no apparent reason and the Irish need to learn manners starting from the immigration officers. So if you are visiting the UK for the olympics please give Ireland a pass and you are better of spending it in seeing better places rather than burn money !

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

Welcome to Trip Advisor!!!

I think I'll go make some popcorn for this one :)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

Ireland is not in the UK so buy a map and get some facts sorted before you give a slating to somewhere you may or may not have been.

Unfortunately the Irish treat people in like manner to the way people treat us, if you come over as a bit of a eejit then expect to be treated that way in return.

Your English is excellent for an Italian by the way.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

Rome is a kip, overrated and expensive. So I was told before I visited but I took time to form my own opinions and found it to be untidy certainly, expensive beyond doubt. It is also an amazing, enchanting and historic city where I met fantastic people, once I made the effort. The essence of enjoying travel, I believe, is to have an open mind, look beyond the obvious and, above all, be nice and polite, even if you are not happy.

Edited: 24 May 2012, 16:28
ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

hmmmmm first time poster.........sounds like something has really upset you. I'd love to hear some specifics. I think I smell a fishy............

5. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 17:36
Edited: 24 May 2012, 17:36
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,591 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

Oh dear.

You got a speeding ticket. Because, perhaps you were breaking the speed limit? Time to take personal responsibility sweetheart.

Your posts say far more about you than they do about Ireland.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

Get off the fence samandjess and tell us what you really think!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

It's not that "Dublin" is expensive, - it's Europe in general.

But that's why when you plan for a trip, you make sure you know the location you're visiting so that you don't get any surprises when you land.

To anyone who doesn't like it - then don't go! And don't complain about it. You made the choice to visit a country, that you clearly did not do enough research on. I had no surprises when I visited, and no negative experiences.

I think it's pretty terrible you feel the need to bash a country you spent very little time in. My experiences make me say that Italy is dirty, but I wouldn't bash the entire country based on my one experience, and limited travel in it.

Also samandjess - If you paid 40 euros for the ride - that was your choice. MANY people on here have posted and said to walk it and experience it and that it generally is overpriced. Clearly, you didn't do enough research on it either.

Edited: 24 May 2012, 17:20
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

Hey lads, we are feeding the trolls here!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dont even think of going to to ireland

Guess I'm cancelling my trip to go to Ireland today from the US. Thanks for the advice!

Anyone know if I can switch my Aer Lingus flight to Scotland, Rome or Charlottesville?

;)