We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Overwhelmed with planning itinerary!

Smyrna, Delaware
1 post
Save Topic
Help! Overwhelmed with planning itinerary!

My husband and I are traveling to Ireland for the first time for the Notre Dame vs. Navy football game on September 1st, 2012. We will be in Dublin from August 31st-September 3rd, but will be arriving in Dublin on August 26th. Our trip to Dublin is already planned out, but we have no clue what to do for the 5 nights between the 26th to the 30th. We assume that we'll be exhausted from traveling on the 26th (we arrive at 7am so we have the full day), so we'll probably hang around Dublin before traveling elsewhere. We're leaning towards spending our free time in the west/southwest coast. We'd like to plan out a loose itinerary, but would like to leave room for random stops. Should we book rooms in bed & breakfasts beforehand so we at least know where we're staying?? Should we rent a car for the 5 nights or rely on public transportation for some of it? We'd prefer to experience quaint towns vs. large cities and we love anything scenic... but prefer to stay away from the super touristy locations. ANY help with places that are must-sees or even a possible travel itinerary would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Overwhelmed with planning itinerary!

Hi, I think I'd recommend west Co. Cork, and the Beara peninsula - beautiful, but not as heavily touristed as other areas. I think that renting a car from Dublin Airport would be most convenient.

2. Re: Help! Overwhelmed with planning itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:46