We are flying in to Dublin and arrive Friday morning July 27th. We are making a last minute trip to visit my sister ( a medical student working in Dublin for the summer) and explore Ireland with her on her week off. She has an automatic honda civic we will be traveling around in . I am traveling with my son who is 9yrs old and my mother. I usually spends months planning trip details and frequenting tripadvisor, but I don't have time to do that for this trip so I'm hoping to get some advice!! :)
Here's what I'm thinking:
Arrive in Dublin at 8:30am, spend the day there.
Day 6 & 7:
Galway, spend 2 nights
Drive back to Dublin, spend 2 days before departing for Boston.
Okay, now for the questions....!!
1. Is this too much driving?
2. Should we cut out any of the places listed above?
3. Should we stay extra time in any of the places?
4. Am I missing any "must see" locations in Ireland?
5. Any suggestions on B&Bs for the above locations or locations central to the places we'd like to visit?
I have yet to book any rooms, so I'd like to do that asap as I know this is a popular time to travel to Ireland!!! Just having a hard time figuring out what areas of Ireland we are going to want to stay over based on our Itinerary. i am very open to suggestions.
Any help and information you can provide me is greatly appreciated!!