We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather question

boston
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
weather question

a weather question for locals -

i'll be arriving in a week and will spend the first week or so south and west and then to dublin.

can you give me a sense of what the weather is and the forcasts?

i'm following it online, but i've found in the past that it is better to get something local.

thanks.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather question

Typical Irish summer, ie wet, sunny (rarely) not too cold, for Ireland. Irish weather changes in a matter of minutes,so far we have had an especially wet summer,but forecasts are notoriously unreliable. Pack a rain coat and layers.

Edited: 20 July 2012, 20:16
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather question

I can confirm HarveyIreland's weather forecast and clothing recommendations.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,909 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather question

Sorry my crystal ball is out of commission till September.

But I can confirm it's not too cold.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather question

I saw girls in Ugg boots last week but then I am on the north coast!

Anyway,as everyone says, layers is the way to go. I'm going to be slightly more upbeat - there are rumours that the weather may be improving slightly from the middle of this week on - so there may be a little more sunshine and a little less rain than we've been having :) Fingers crossed for you!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather question

quite impossible to answer I'm afraid, daughter lives in Dingle, the weather there is often totally different to that in Tralee which is only 30 miles away.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,862 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather question

Its not cold enough to have the fires lit in the cottage, Its lovely and sunny when its not dark cloudy and raining, It sometimes rains when its lovely and sunny that's why we have soo many rainbows.

So reasonably warm by Irish standards(much cooler than Boston at the moment), not too windy and fairly sure its wet for a couple of hours at some time during most days.

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k553673…

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather question

Just dress in layers with a breathable waterproof lightweight jacket and you will be fine...just remember, no one visits Ireland for the weather. Have a great visit!

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather question

We had wonderful dry,sunny & warm enough for shirtsleeves weather in Ireland back in March,would love something as good right now!

Weather forcasts are notoriously unreliable,you will often find one saying that it is going to be sunny & another forecasting rain at the same time,just keep looking you will probably find one you like!

boston
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather question

thanks for all the advice. leaving tuesday.

10. Re: weather question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2013, 10:18