We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Dublin to Galway

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Dublin to Galway

Pick up car @ Dublin Airport 1 night Kinsale, 1 night Kenmare, 2 nights in DIngle then driving to Galway Airport to drop off car with a stop at Cliffs of Mohr enroute. 2 nights in Galway then train to Dublin for 2 nights Is this practical for a solo tourist? How long should I allow for the Dingle to Galway Airport journey? My only concern is that I'll arrive late and not be able to drop off the car. Any tips will be appreciated. I'm looking to just meander between B&B's stopping when I see something interesting, I dont want to have a too arranged schedule to stick to.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Dublin to Galway

I'm not sure that there is a car hire desk at Galway Airport anymore.

You may have to drop the car off in Galway city.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,364 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Dublin to Galway

Driving to Kinsale off a redey is not a great idea, hopefully you have a night or so in Dublin or near first. The only rental with a Galway office is Budget probably best to drop back from the Cliffs to Shannon and Bus up to Galway. Having seen the Cliffs and Burren before Galway what are you planning for the mid day in Galway?

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Dublin to Galway

Shannon drop off w/ bus to Galway may be the way to go. Dan Dooley rentals will arrange a pick up in Galway, but I'd rather not drive into the city. No plans yet for Galway 1st day, maybe just explore town & shop. 2nd full day planning a trip to Aran or a tour to Connemara. Thanks for the help

4. Re: Car Rental Dublin to Galway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:17