We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inishbofin Galway limerick

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Inishbofin Galway limerick

I'm goin next week to inishbofin Galway and then limerick and was wondering if people have any ideas going to be staying in each place for 2 nights bunratty castle is one def place any help would be great

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,027 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Just be aware that Bunratty Castle Hotel is NOT a castle. It is a modern-ish building a minute's walk from the castle. Its also not near very much except the castle and the Creamery bar. Sorry, there are a couple of good restaurants in Bunratty including Gallaghers and JP Clarkes in addition to the restaurant in the Bunratty Castle Hotel and the Castle Banquets.

If you're looking for a bit of nightlife then either Ennis or Limerick would be better.

Edited: 10 September 2012, 19:55
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,993 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Two nights in Bunratty?...not top of the excitement list..

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Sorry posted it wrong I'm just goin to see the castle and folk village

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,027 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Ok. Sounds a bit better. Where are you staying?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Inishbofin for 2 nights then the menlo park hotel in Galway than the best western in limerick I'm thinking of going to the Aran islands for a day during my stay in Galway

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,027 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Best Western Pery's is in a central location but hubby has just confirmed they use the car park across the road for parking. On-street parking is difficult in the area.

If you have time, while in Limerick, try to get to the Hunt Museum and the nearby St. Mary's Cathedral.

If either of you are into rugby then the Thomond Park Rugby Museum is excellent. If either of you are into shopping then the Crescent Shopping Centre is worth a visit.

In terms of nearby restaurants, The Cornstore is in Thomas Street (2 blocks down) and we've never got a bad meal there. Bella Italia is across the road from the Cornstore and is a nice Italian.

If you'd like a nice chinese, then the Jasmine Palace is near by on O'Connell Street.

Edited: 10 September 2012, 22:24
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

That's great thanks a lot for the info loads there for limerick

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,993 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Inishbofin is an interesting choice. come back and give a bit of a trip report if you wouldn't mind.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

Yes I will really looking forward to it I'll leave a report something different

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inishbofin Galway limerick

If you can, read "The Island of the White Cow", by Deborah Tall before you go. I wanted to spend a night there this trip over but it doesn't interest my travel companion so I am off to the Blarney Stone today... :(. Yes, let us know how you made out on the Island...

amazon.com/Island-White-Memories-English-Edi…