We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
80 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice

Hey Everyone!

I’m a solo traveler visiting Ireland for the first time in a few days. I’ll be there for 18 days and traveling around mostly by bus. I am flying in and out of Dublin and am hoping to see as much of the beautiful country as possible. I’ve looked through the forums and have gotten some great ideas and was hoping I could get some feedback regarding my tentative itinerary. I feel like I might be in Dublin one day too long and that I could fit in an extra sight or an extra day somewhere else. Any and all comments would be much appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Day 1: Arrive Dublin; settle into hostel; walk around town; meet friend for dinner

Day 2: Dublin: Trinity College and Book of Kells first thing; Rugby match in the evening

Day 3: Bus from Dublin to Kilkenny; See Castle and Cathedral; Stay night in Kilkenny

Day 4: Bus from Kilkenny to Cork; settle into hostel; take bus from Cork to Kinsale for the afternoon

Day 5: Bus to Rock of Cashel in the morning; spend afternoon in Cork

Day 6: Bus from Cork to Kilarney; settle into hostel; book tours; walk National Park

Day7: Ring of Kerry Tour

Day 8: Dingle Peninsula Tour

Day 9: Kilarney to Galway; arrange tours; walk around town

Day 10: Aran Islands Tour

Day 11: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren Tour

Day 12: Connemarra Tour

Day 13: Galway to Belfast;

Day 14: Portrush Tour from Belfast

Day 15: Belfast to Dublin

Day 16: Tour of Newgrange and Hill of Tara

Day 17: Tour of Trim Castle, Glendalough and Wicklow Mountains

Day 18: Home

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice

Hi, I don't think you're spending too much time in Dublin - you're using it as a base for daytours.

Day 13 - fastest way would be bus from Galway to Dublin Airport, then catch the Belfast bus from the airport. This will give you time to sightsee in Belfast.

Day 15 - Take morning bus back to Dublin, leave luggage at lodging, then catch the No. 111 bus to Trim.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
80 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice

Thanks so much trin! I appreciate the advice!

3. Re: Itinerary Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:19