We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's only me....

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Topic
It's only me....

,,, as an old neighbour of ours from childhood would say as she would arrive to take the prime spot for the fire and tv when we were kids, and tut-tut if we dared speak whilst "her" programmes were on. Same old dear, when asked if she would like a cup of tea, would always respond "ok, just for a drink" I often wondered what else she could do with a cup of tea!

Anyway, I digress.

My review has been reinstated, with no restrictions or conditions applied by TA who kindly returned the text for me to add/remove anything if I wanted to. I have made no changes to the original format or text, apart from a few grammatical corrections.

Thanks once again for all the lovely PM's of friendship and support I have received from those likeminded individuals who appreciate and value integrity and standing by your principals.

The rest of the matter is now in the hands of the powers at TA and up to them to take whatever action they deem appropriate. We may never know the outcome. I fought my own fight (with the help of said friends) and won.

As far as I'm concerned, and the matter is now closed.

For me, it's onwards and upwards and start utilising the Nevada, Utah and Lake District Forums for 2013!! Oh, and of course, offering whatever titbits of personal advice I can give to those visiting my country too.

I am very lucky to have such a selective group of TA friends. Thanks again to you all xx

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's only me....

Congrats! Power to the people lol!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: It's only me....

Bikies

It was, but has mysteriously disappeared (Again)

Grrr.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's only me....

Why do they keep messing your around LP :( You are one of my favourite posters on TA.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's only me....

Glad to see you back on here LP. I was worried we might lose you completely.

That is weird to re-instate the review and then remove it again.

Looks like TA doesn't really know what they were doing.

Good luck with your planning for next year. Utah sounds interesting, and looks like it is Viva Las Vegas again:-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's only me....

The plot thickens

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,700 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's only me....

Think I have just come in on this for the punch line and missed the rest? Anyway any help you want for Brassenthwaite we spent a month there one winters weekend 5 years ago..

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: It's only me....

Plot thickens indeed BannerG

Anyway, it's back up and already has received 2 helpful votes.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's only me....

It's back!

Ah Tony, you missed it all over the weekend. Little pumpkin was doing a miss marple or maybe I should say Poirot with Seanbee as a sidekick Hastings. There was some questionable removing of reviews from Little Pumpkin and other regular reviewer to do with one Dublin brasserie and even more questionable responses by posters claiming no connection with any restaurants (which was soon proved otherwise).

Anyway, it seems that the review has been reinstated again. Just as well as some of us were starting to lose faith in TA..

I've read the review and it is perfectly objective and fair. Some very good points regarding some of the dishes but lots of room for improvement especially regarding service and staff failings. Restaurants could learn a lot and take this as the constructive criticism it is and use it as a tool for improving the restaurant.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It's only me....

Sorry - we've overlapped!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: It's only me....

Tony was around, and contributed on the thread Ponaire, so I'm sure knows exactly what I was talking about.

Sorry Bikies, got my bikies and banners mixed up.

Anyhows, all resolved.

I think Seanbee kinda promised to take some of us out the next time he is home for a slapup dinner somewhere. (wonder where?) .

Your bed is booked Ponaire ;-)