We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

Potomac,MD
Level Contributor
45 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

Hello,

We are planning our two weeks in Ireland for June 2013. I have an asthma and would like to know about the rules in a hotel and B&B.

Cigarette is one of the tricker for me. How difficult is it to find none smoking room? I wish trip advisor has a forum for people with allergy and asthma. Thank you for all your help.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,368 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

There is no difficulty in finding non-"smoking rooms in hotels. In fact it can be difficult finding smoking rooms, as many hotels and guesthouses are totally smoke free. Ireland was the first country in Europe (and perhaps in the world) to introduce a total national smoking ban in the workplace.

This means that smoking is outlawed indoors everywhere (except in some hotel bedrooms) and in taxis, buses etc.

Edited: 02 November 2012, 18:48
Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

I'm asthmatic, as is my son, so I understand and appreciate your concern. Whenever I book accommodation - anywhere in the world - I request a non-smoking room and mention "asthmatic". I've never had a problem with any room I've booked in Ireland, be it b&b, guest house or hotel. In fact, I agree with soonas; I think most guest accommodation in Ireland is non-smoking these days . . . .

To put your mind at rest, just mention in your email/booking that you're asthmatic and must have non-smoking accommodation, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

There are many contributors on this and other forums who can offer advice to those with a whole range of allergies and ailments. No problems finding non smoking and level access rooms in Ireland.

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

The Bed and Breakfasts on the B&B Ireland website www.bandbireland.com are all Tourist Board Approved and very much non-smoking. Because the B&B is also a family home and tends to be smaller in size than a hotel, there is definitely a no smoking policy in effect.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,368 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

Do you work for bandbireland.com? All of your posts reference this site

6. Re: Smoking rules in hotels & B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 10:19