We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Galway

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
874 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Galway

I am in Clifden but heading back east this morning. I want to stop in Galway City for a look around but need to know a good place to park. Not too far from city center.

If possible give me a street name so I can plug it into Jackie. Someone I met said to park near the docklands but have no idea how to find those on my own.

Thanks K.

Mentioned in this post
Clifden
Clifden
County Galway, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Galway

Good morning Karen,

I'd park in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. Eyre Square is centre city of Galway. Youll find in on Jackie. Plenty of shops there.

Straight back in the N59. An hour should get you there.

Hope you got to Mitchell's in Clifden last night.

Take care. Bikie

Mentioned in this post
Eyre Square
Eyre Square
1,160 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
Mitchell's Restaurant
Mitchell's Restaurant
1,283 Reviews
Clifden, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Clifden
Clifden
County Galway, Ireland
Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
874 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Galway

Thanks bikies! I'll plug it in.

I got to Mitchell's the night before last. I was going to go back but I guess they are closed on Sundays. As was J. Conneelys my 2nd choice. Ended up at E.J. Kings. Had the seafood chowder which was good. Not as good as Mitchell's but did the job! They had a bit of early music as well.

…googleusercontent.com/-svCljOwWPYY/UJdynN1y…

Mentioned in this post
Mitchell's Restaurant
Mitchell's Restaurant
1,283 Reviews
Clifden, Ireland
E.J. Kings
E.J. Kings
809 Reviews
Clifden, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Galway

Great. I also was in E J Kings and had chowder. You're right, it didn't rate well against Mitchell's.

Safe travels.

Mentioned in this post
Mitchell's Restaurant
Mitchell's Restaurant
1,283 Reviews
Clifden, Ireland
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
774 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Galway

Sorry to hear Conneelys was closed. We've enjoyed the music there the past two years. Hope you had a chance to drive the Sky Road. Watching for your next report. Hope you are feeling refreshed and relaxed. Take care and enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Sky Road
Sky Road
1,640 Reviews
Clifden, Ireland
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Galway

Hi kajo, if the car park at Eyre Square does not work out for you, I find the one in the Corrib Shopping Centre very convenient. (I think Eyre Street is the exact address).

It is only a couple of minutes walk from Shop Street and quite easy to access if you are approaching from the Clifden side of town.

If you are looking to park up for the whole day, you might consider the Black Box Car Park on Dyke Road. It is about 5/10 mins walk to town, but quite accessible from Clifden also.

Hope you are keeping well and enjoy your day in Galway.

Edit:

Sorry, just realised this is probably too late for you and you might already have been to Galway.

Edited: 06 November 2012, 01:04
Mentioned in this post
Eyre Square
Eyre Square
1,160 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
Clifden
Clifden
County Galway, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
874 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Galway

Thanks for the help everyone. Didn't ever find the Eyre Square lot. Jackie had me going around it but I never did see it. I did finally find a place to park not too far from the pedestrian shopping area. Couldn't tell you exactly where.

More when I do my trip report but thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Eyre Square
Eyre Square
1,160 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
7. Re: Parking in Galway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2013, 10:16