We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 day itinerary for February

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
7 day itinerary for February

Hello guys how are you?

I already saw a few itinerary topics here, but since I know I´ll be going in a very cold month, I would like to know besides lets 3 days in Dublin, what else do you suggest me to do in the rest of the days?

Thank you guys!

Sarkis

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

For example, is it a good idea to go to Killarney in this season?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

In 2007 I was stranded in Killarney for the best part of a week and had a great time with the locals. The weather was pretty good which helped.

It might though be a haul for just a couple of days

Edited: 19 November 2012, 02:39
Syracuse, New York...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

Sarkis,

I have been the last three Februarys and will be in Ireland again this February. I have not been limited by the weather or time of year. I would recommend Glendalough and Wicklow for sure. I guess the rest of your itinerary should be based on your likes and what are you looking for (i.e. food and music, historical sites, photo opportunities, etc)

Pat

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,461 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

You need to take account of the northern hemisphere short daylight hours in February. A trip to Killarney for such a short time would be a mistake apart from the travel cost from Dublin. A couple of days in Belfast or Killkenny would be much preferred and you can take a train to both places.

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

Thank you friends!

All suggestions looks nice!

Coh67, Glendalough and Wicklow seems very nice!Is it easy to get there from Dublin?Are there good BB´s option close to them so I can move around?

Thank you guys!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

Glendalough and Wicklow would be a day trip from Wicklow. If you want to move about how about a couple of days in Galway and another night in Limerick where there should be other tours available and good transport links to Dublin. Getting from Galway to Killarney can be don but is a bit of a bind on the bus. From Galway you can get tours of the Cliffs/Burren, Kylemore/Connemara or if the weather is right Inis Mor. From Limerick you can get a tour of the Ring of Kerry or Dingle. If you are backpacking and using hostels, Sleepzone Galway will shuttle you between their city hostel and their Connemara or Burren sites for a bit of hiking.

Syracuse, New York...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

Although I have visted Glendalough on all three trips I have yet to stay in the area. I however did have a nice lunch at the gledalough Hotel.

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

Thank you guys!

So,are this daytrips to cliffs/burren, kylemore/connemara?

I would only find this tours from Galway then, right?

How much are their average price for this kind of tours?

One lasst question: ow long should I stay in Dublin, in your oppinion?

Thank you!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

see http://www.lallytours.com/

You can get trips to the Cliffs from Galway but spend far too long travelling back and forth across country.

For Dublin a couple of days at the front and the last night. In February you can wing it a little just book your first and last nights and book the rest in between.

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 day itinerary for February

Perfect!

Thank you!

One last question: how do you suggest me to fit with Galway and Dublin, the Glendalough area?